The pros of this camping spot:
- short drive from Ottawa (just over 2 hours)
- waterfront camp sites are available
- all sites are well-treed and offer space and privacy
- the vibe was friendly and there were a lot of families
- the waterfront is sandy and shallow — safe for kids
- the toilets are flush, not outhouses
- showers are available
- Biggest highlight: stunning location for sunsets each night!
- Rumour has it that the beach area (not the waterfront camp sites) is susceptible to “swimmer’s itch.” We did not experience this personally.
- If you have a kayak, bring it! If not, you can rent a canoe from the park office.
Our conclusion? We’ll be back again soon!