Remember how great it seemed when the characters on the television show Friends would just randomly meet up at the Corner Perk coffee shop? Well, that’s how I like to think of my blog — your virtual corner coffee shop, where you can drop in any time and catch up with friends.
I work full-time as a communications professional, so all blogging is done in whatever free time I can squeeze out of my day, which is generally a coffee break (if I’m lucky!).
Sometimes I’m not so lucky, but if you check in once a week, there’s usually a new tidbit here or there. You can also subscribe via my RSS feed, which will alert you when posts go up. Or keep in touch via twitter (@coffeewithjulie).
Along the top menu bar of the this blog’s homepage, you’ll see the four general categories that I blog about:
Living: general life stories, observations and rants
Family: anecdotes from my family life with Hubby, Stella (age 8), and Max (age 3)
Travel: personal travel tales as well as tips for family and adventure travel
Media: chats about theatre, dance, books, television shows and movies
To learn more about Coffee with Julie, this interview just about covers it all. Other bits and pieces are listed below ….
- May 2103: Canadian Living magazine online included Coffee with Julie in their list of “15 Amazing Moms to Follow on Pinerest“
- April 2013: I was invited as a speaker to Ottawa’s inaugural WordCamp conference on the panel “Building Your Business Case, Cause, or Branding using WordPress.”
- January 2012: Coffee with Julie placed 2nd in the Family & Parenting category for the 2011 Canadian Weblog Awards, and was a nominee in the categories of Travel and Life.
- October 2011: SavvyMom.ca recognized Coffee with Julie as list-worthy in “35 Mom Blogs We Love“
- October 2011: I was selected to be a Community/Tribe Leader for topic of travel blogging at the Blissdom Canada conference
- September 2011: As a blogger, I was one of 200 women selected from across Canada to attend She’s Connected
- July 2011: I was honoured to be identified as one of “18 Mom Bloggers We Love” by Canadian Family magazine
- January 2011: Coffee was Julie placed 2nd in the Family & Parenting category for the 2010 Canadian Weblog Awards, and 3rd in the Life category
About Julie (email contact: coffeewithjulieblog [at] gmail [dot] com)
It is necessary to write, if the days are not to slip emptily by. How else, indeed, to clap the net over the butterfly of the moment?
Disclaimer: In case it’s not obvious, let’s be clear that this is a personal weblog, which means that the opinions expressed on this blog and the associated web pages represent my own personal views and not those of current, prior or future employers.
Disclosure: This blog uses affiliate links and accepts paid advertising and sponsorship. For more details on disclosure, visit my Disclosure page. If you’re a brand and want to know about bit more about my readership, more details are available for you here.