There’s really no excuse to duck behind a tree when nature calls. Men have some pretty spectacular options when it comes to peeing with perspective.
1. Felix Bar/Restaurant, Hong Kong: Face directly towards a panoramic view of Hong Kong from the 28th floor of the Peninsula Hotel while using the exquisitely styled marble urinals.
2. Clydegale Lake, Algonquin Park: On a lone island in Clydegale Lake, experience fresh air and a peaceful hilltop view reminiscent of a Group of Seven painting while using a rustic drop-pit.
3. Atrium Bar, Melbourne, Australia: After a few champagnes, take in uninterrupted sky-high views of the city of Melbourne from the 35th floor of the Sofitel Hotel’s Atrium Bar.
4. Shrine of the Virgin Mary, Ephesus, Turkey: While praying on the mountains of Meryemana, complete the experience by using the urinals, which offer a surprisingly scenic view of this shrine.
5. 40/40 Sports Bar, New York City: Sports fans won’t miss a thing when nature calls at the top of the ninth with four limestone walls that display four flat-screen televisions.
– Julie Harrison, who never ceases to be amazed by the luck of men.
All rights belong to:
The Ottawa Citizen
Sat Dec 30 2006
Section: Style Weekly: Travel
Byline: Julie Harrison
Source: Citizen Special