As I mentioned in my post on henna hair colouring, one of the most difficult things (for me, at least) has been trying to transition from mainstream deodorant to more “green” options. Over the past few months, I’ve tried quite a number of different alternatives and none of them worked for me. It was during this period when I was feeling a tad, er, concerned about body odor that I was offered samples of Lady Speed Stick to review (as well as compensation from Colgate for the time I would spend reviewing them). I dashed off a quick reply, “Yep, send’ em over!”
So, there you have it, my admission: I can’t handle it. I need deodorant!
Come to think of it, my very first deodorant as a young teetn was Lady Speed Stick (back then, I think it was called Mennen). Since then, the company has re-branded and the sticks look, and even smell, different (there’s more than unscented and baby powder out there!). Have you seen the new ad campaign, “Don’t Sweat It. Handle It!”? It cracks me up … I think this one is my favourite, but it’s hard to pick …
Okay, but can these deodorants do the job though? Here are the two sweat tests I put them through.
Sweat Test #1:
- Product name: Lady Speed Stick Power – Gel – Fresh Fusion
- The test: Bike to yoga studio, do hot yoga class, bike home.
- Results: I couldn’t smell an ounce of sweat … and I sweat A LOT in a hot yoga class!
- My verdict: This deodorant does provide long lasting protection and didn’t leave any marks on my black yoga top. But I didn’t like the wet feel of the gel. It dried quickly, but I didn’t like applying it.
Sweat Test #2:
- Product name: Lady Speed Stick Power – Cool Breeze
- The test: Drive downtown in rush hour and then make a presentation to a new client.
- Results: When I went to bed that night, I still smelled like I’d just gotten out of the shower.
- My verdict: I liked this deodorant — it worked, it felt nice when I applied it, left no marks on my shirt, and last but not least, I did not worry about B.O.
Want to try some for yourself? I can help you with that! First of all, there is a Lady Speed Stick gift basket giveaway that you can enter on the SheBlogs Canada website, and secondly, you can click here for a coupon (expires on May 25th).